Competition Begins: Wednesday April 18, 2018 12:00 PM ET
Competition Closes: Friday, May 4th, 2018 11:59 PM ET
Corona Electric Beach and Insomniac Records are launching an exclusive “Battle for the Beach” DJ contest with Wavo to find the freshest new artists to perform at the upcoming EDC Las Vegas Festival 2018! Entrants must submit either (1) 30-45 minute DJ mix that demonstrates boldness and precision or (1) 3-8 minute original track that captures or demonstrates an optimal combination of originality and professionalism.
National Grand Prize
- A DJ slot at Corona Electric Beach’s stage at EDC Las Vegas
- 2 Roundtrip flights
- 2 3-day VIP tickets
- 3-day premier shuttle passes
- Hotel accommodations & artist style airport pickup
- Social takeover with Billboard Dance
- Corona Electric Beach Swag Bag
*This competition is only open to legal residents of the United States of America who are at least twenty-five (25) years of age.* Official Rules CORONAELECTRICBEACH.COM/EDCRULES
To enter, submit an original track Or a 30-45 minute DJ mix now for consideration to play at EDC Las Vegas on May 18 or 19 or 20th, 2018, and to be considered for future Insomniac events.
*This competition is only open to legal residents of the United States of America who are at least twenty-five (25) years of age.*
How To Enter
Step 1: Visit WAVO for all competition info, rules and final submission form.
Step 2: Fill out all required information fields under the submit tab.
Step 3: Upload your original track or Mix via Wavo. Each contestant must submit one (1) thirty (30) to forty-five (45) minute DJ mix (the “Mix”) that demonstrates boldness and precision; OR (1) three (3) to eight (8) minute original track (“Original Track”) via the Wavo Entry Site Note: we are looking for the most original, creative and forward-thinking track submission!
Step 4: Submit!
Note: You bear all responsibility for use of any “uncleared” samples. The definition of an uncleared sample is a loop, sample or other musical work for which you do not own the copyright (i.e. you didn’t create it).
Corona® Electric Beach National DJ Contest at EDC Las Vegas Festival 2018 Official Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 25 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Crown Imports LLC (“Sponsor”), Cogent Entertainment LLC (“Administrator”), Live Nation, Live Nation Worldwide, Inc. (“Live Nation”), Insomniac Holdings, LLC. (“Insomniac”), and their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively, “Released Parties”), persons affiliated with the alcoholic beverage industry, including but not limited to retailers of alcohol products, and their immediate family members (spouses, domestic partners, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor, Administrator, Live Nation, and Insomniac , as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Promotion Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on 4/8/2018 at 12:00PM ET and all online entries must be received by 4/29/2018 at 3:00PM ET (the “Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, enter via Wavo by visiting online (“Wavo Entry Site”) where each contestant must submit one (1) thirty (30) to forty-five (45) minute DJ mix (the “Mix”) that demonstrates boldness and precision; OR (1) three (3) to eight (8) minute original track (“Original Track”) via the Wavo Entry Site that captures or demonstrates an optimal combination of originality and professionalism as determined by the Judge(s) (defined below) pursuant to the Judging Criteria set forth below (collectively, the “Entry”). Multiple contestants are not permitted to share the same Mix or Original Track to submit an entry. Any attempt by any contestant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different accounts, identities, or any other methods will void that contestant’s Entries and that contestant may be disqualified. A Wavo account can be opened for free by connecting the contestant’s Facebook account from their phone or desktop. If you do not have a Facebook account, visit www.facebook.com and follow the instructions to create a free account. Entries must adhere to the Entry Guidelines indicated below as well as comply with and be subject to the Wavo Terms of Service and Wavo.me Contest Rules (collectively, the “Wavo Terms”) (each, available at https://wavo.me/terms-of-service) each of which are incorporated herein by reference, as determined by Sponsor/Administrator in their sole discretion. In the event of a discrepancy between these Official Rules and the Wavo Terms, these Official Rules shall govern.
Each Entry must:
- a) comply with the Beer Institute Advertising and Marketing Code as made publicly available online at http://www.beerinstitute.org/responsibility/advertising-marketing-code.
- b) not make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names (other than Sponsor’s), slogans, political, or religious statements, or be otherwise objectionable, as determined in Sponsor/Administrator’s sole discretion.
- c) not include any commercial solicitation or promotional materials, websites, contact information or personally-identifiable information (e.g., first or last name, address, phone number, place of work, email address, etc.).
- d) not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor, the Released Parties, or their respective products and services, or other people, products or companies.
- e) not appeal primarily to persons under the legal drinking age.
- f) not refer to any individual under the age of 21.
- g) not contain statements relating to the armed forces of the United States; local, state or federal governments; state flags, emblems, seals, coat of arms, crests or insignias.
- h) not include references to any activity that Sponsor/Administrator deem to be, in their sole discretion, lewd or indecent, including but not limited to, scenarios portraying sexually explicit activity as a result of consuming alcohol, and images or activity that suggests that alcohol is needed for social, financial, educational or athletic success.
- i) not portray, encourage or condone drunk driving or depict situations where alcohol is being consumed rapidly, excessively, involuntarily, as part of a drinking game or as a result of a dare, or portray drinking of alcohol before or during activities that, for safety reasons, require a high degree of alertness or coordination.
- j) not reference anyone other than the entrant, unless entrant represents and warrants that entrant has obtained permission from each such individual, and entrant agrees to provide written copies of such permission to Sponsor upon request and entrant certifies that such individual is 25 years of age or older.
Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s/Administrator’s sole discretion, will be disqualified and may be deleted
No Entries will be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due Entries, which will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar Entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest Entry services to create fraudulent phone numbers and/or identities) will void all Entries by that contestant. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Wavo account used to enter will be deemed the contestant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holders associated with the Entries.
5. Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: The Grand Prize shall consist of (1) one original support DJ performance at EDC Las Vegas at the Corona Electric Beach (at a time and date to be selected by Sponsor, Live Nation, and Insomniac in their sole discretion) not to exceed sixty (60) minutes (including set-up of on-site equipment) for the Grand Prize winner, provided that the performance has been preapproved by Administrator, Live Nation and/or Insomniac in advance of performance; four (4) days and three (3) nights’ accommodations with check-in on Friday, May 18, 2018 and check-out on Monday, May 21, 2018, at a hotel to be determined by Live Nation in its sole discretion (single room, double occupancy); two (2) round-trip, coach-class tickets from the major airport nearest winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Las Vegas, Nevada (specific airport to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) for winner and a guest; two (2) artist style black car pick up at airport to hotel and hotel to airport; two (2) shuttle tickets from hotel to EDC Las Vegas; (1) Premium Gift bag with Corona Electric Beach Merch; and two (2) 3-day VIP tickets to EDC Las Vegas scheduled to take place in Las Vegas, Nevada on May 18-20, 2018.If the Grand Prize winner lives within a 250-mile radius of Las Vegas, Nevada winner will receive a $250 travel stipend in lieu of air transportation and no additional compensation for air travel will be provided. Each Grand Prize winner and guest are solely responsible for all other expenses not specifically set forth herein, including but not limited to meals, surcharges, service charges, personal charges, security fees, taxes, additional transportation (ground and airfare), upgraded room accommodations, travel and other insurance, souvenirs and other incidentals and items of a personal nature. Prizes consist of only the items specifically listed as part of the prize. Prize details not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. No alcohol is awarded in any prize. Sponsor, Administrator and/or Live Nation and/or Insomniac reserve the right to revoke full or partial prize from any winner or winner’s guest who it or venue personnel deem may, in its sole discretion, be intoxicated, be a safety risk, have violated any venue policy or law, or may bring Live Nation and/or Insomniac or Sponsor into disrepute. Winner’s guest must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older by April 1, 2018. Guest must execute and return liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of tickets and passes and any travel. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. All travelers must have valid travel documents prior to departure (i.e., government-issued photo ID). Resale of prize(s) is prohibited. Winner will be required to provide a credit card to hotel to cover incidentals which are not included in prize package. The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, mutilated or stolen travel documents or EDC Las Vegas music festival admission passes/tickets. The Released Parties are not responsible if the selected travel or EDC Las Vegas music festival is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, or for issues arising from the operation and management of the selected travel, hotel, or music festival, in which event the prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event the EDC Las Vegas music festival is cancelled or postponed, Sponsor will have no obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each DJ Grand Prize: $4,866.00 Total Actual value may vary. Winner will not receive any difference between the actual and ARV of a prize. In the event that an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received to award all available prizes, Sponsor is not obligated to award remaining prizes and no additional judging will take place. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. No transfer, assignment, substitution or cash equivalent for the prize will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor due to prize unavailability for any reason. In such circumstance, an alternate prize of equal value will be awarded and Sponsor’s obligation to the winners will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided. In the event of prize unavailability, if the Sweepstakes becomes impossible or commercially unreasonable to administrate, or any other reason in Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, postpone, or modify (in whole or in part) the Sweepstakes. Winner(s) are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize award, receipt and/or use. Failure to complete selected travel, attend festival or use hotel accommodations or car/shuttle service(s), does not relieve winner of his/her tax obligations associated with acceptance of a prize. Contest winnings will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service and winner can expect to receive a 1099 tax form for prizes which total more than $600.00 for the year). In the event the Grand Prize winner or guest engages in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor, Live Nation and/or Insomniac in their sole discretion) is inappropriate, threatening, illegal, or may be a safety risk, or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or that may disparage the Released Parties, Sponsor, Live Nation or Insomniac reserve the right to terminate the trip early, in whole or in part, and send the Grand Prize winner and guest home with no further compensation to winner. In the event the Grand Prize winner or guest consumes alcoholic beverages (not provided by Sponsor) while participating in any Grand Prize-related activities, they do so at their own discretion and agree to hold Sponsor, Live Nation and Insomniac and their agencies harmless from any subsequent damages or third-party claims arising out of or related to such consumption.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: Any contestant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. At the end of the Promotion Period, the winner will be selected from a judging panel drawn from representatives of Crown Imports LLC, Cogent Entertainment LLC, Live Nation, and Insomniac (the “Judge(s)”) by the following criteria: Mixing/Transitions – 25%, Performance Presence – 25%, Electronic Dance Music Song Selection – 20%, and Resume & Overall DJ Experience as this information is available generally on the Internet or known by the judge(s) – 30% (the “Judging Criteria”). Sponsor reserves the right to select and appoint alternate judge(s) at any time and for any reason, at its sole and absolute discretion. Judges’ and Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. The potential winner will be notified via Email or phone call within two (2) days following selection. Crown Imports LLC shall have no liability for winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within four (4) calendar days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and time-permitting an alternate winner will be selected based on the Judging Criteria set forth above. Only up to two (2) alternate winners will be selected, time-permitting, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. IN THE EVENT OF A TIE, SPONSOR WILL MAKE THE FINAL DETERMINATION OF THE WINNERS, IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, BASED ON THE FOLLOWING JUDGING CRITERIA: MIXING/TRANSITIONS AND SONG SELECTION – 50% AND PERFORMANCE PRESENCE AND RESUME/OVERALL DJ EXPERIENCE – 50%. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE WAVO TERMS BY WINNER (AT SPONSOR‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Rights Granted by You: By entering this Contest (e.g., mix, photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor and Sponsor’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the absolute, irrevocable right and permission to print, publish, reproduce, store, display, modify, broadcast, distribute, prepare derivative works of and/or otherwise use in any media (to include social platforms) now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, your Entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and any other marketing or promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this Contest, You represent and warrant that your Entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your Entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If the content of your Entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties and their related companies, affiliates and employees and representatives from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the Released Parties may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
8. Terms & Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest or any part of it should it determine in its sole discretion that any virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the winner from all eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or platform or violates these Official Rules. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest. Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By entering the Contest and accepting a prize, each winner agrees to maintain his/her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally-accepted social practices in connection with participation in the Contest or prize-related activity. Each winner understands and agrees that Sponsor or the prize provider have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the winner (and/or his/her guest, if applicable) from any activity at any time if the winner’s (and/or his/her guest’s) behavior at any point (i) is uncooperative or disruptive; (ii) annoys, threatens, or harasses any other person; (iii) may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor or a prize provider; or (iv) otherwise violates the law and/or policies of the prize provider; and, in such a case, the winner will forfeit all remaining elements of the prize and still be solely responsible for all taxes and other expenses related to the prize.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You and, if selected a winner your travel guest, agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, the Released Parties and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, whether caused or claimed to be caused arising out of or related to: (i) your participation in the Contest and/or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment regardless of whether originating with contestant, Sponsor or any third party; (ii) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by contestants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or mistranscribed phone/email transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer, phone or any device related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Contest, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in the Contest. All contestants understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state, territory, or country that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. All participating contestants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user's email account to receive email.
10. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest and/or accepting an awarded Prize, You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Cook County, Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall You be permitted to obtain awards for, and You hereby waive all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than Your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. evidenced costs associated with entering this Contest). You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Cogent Entertainment 49 West 27th, New York, NY 10011, USA. Requests must be received no later than 06/01/18.
13. Sponsor: Crown Imports LLC, 131 South Dearborn Street, Suite 1200 Chicago, IL 60603.
Administrator: Cogent Entertainment LLC – 49 West 27th, New York, NY 10001
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Live Nation, or Insomniac. You understand that you are providing your information to Crown Imports LLC and not to Facebook, Live Nation, or Insomniac. All inquiries regarding the Contest should be directed to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Live Nation, or Insomniac.
By entering the Contest, You, the contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
Relax Responsibly®. Corona Extra® Beer. Imported by Crown Imports, Chicago, IL.
EDC is a registered trademark of Insomniac Holdings, LLC.